Learning Outcomes for Programmes Offered
(Course-wise Learning Outcome is Available with Syllabus)
•Analytical Skills/Problem-Solving: MA Economics students do effectively imagine, conceptualize, express, and solve complex problems or resolve problems that do not have a straightforward solution, with available knowledge, through experimentation and observation. •Critical thinking: Students can apply economic analysis to daily concerns to help them understand events, analyse specific policy proposals, compare arguments with different conclusions about a particular issue or issue, and evaluate the position of assumptions in arguments that draw different conclusions about a particular economic or political problem. •Quantitative Reasoning: Students can learn how to apply economic arguments to empirical proof. Specifically, relevant data may be obtained and/or collected, analytical evidence produced using appropriate statistical techniques and the results of such studies interpreted. •Specialized Knowledge and Practical Application: By applying economic concepts to real life conditions, students can gain deeper theoretical, critical, and quantitative skills in specialized areas. Students will expand their global and disciplinary experience, expanding their comprehension of the world around them, both in economics and beyond. Interdisciplinary knowledge, diverse topics, and global consciousness. •Interdisciplinary information, complex topics and global awareness: Students can extend their global and disciplinary knowledge, improving their comprehension of both economics and beyond of the world around them. •Communication and Leadership: Students can learn skills to work as part of a team and guide others, ensuring that different audiences and circumstances are prepared to handle.
- To reveal enhanced aesthetic sensibility
- To demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the English language and literature.
- To divulge the ability to analyse and explain the complexities and subtleties of human experience.
- To show an understanding of the various genres.
- To demonstrate the knowledge of the evolution of world literature/ English literature: its theory and praxis.
- To evince an orientation in research by developing critical reasoning and analytical skills.
- To demonstrate honed writing skills to disseminate knowledge
- To exhibit sensitivity towards gender, ecology and the plurality of the world.
- Familiarize the incumbents with methodology of historical research
- Make the incumbents acquainted with the regional History.
- Development of ability to critically analyze the different debates in Indian History
- Developing the creative faculty of the incumbents and make them potential researchers
MA Islamic History
- Identify the major factors that influence Islamic worlds; particularly their cultural, social, economic, political, philosophical, and religious forces that are still in operation
- Demonstrate a familiarity with historical and contemporary cultural and philosophical approaches to the study of the Islamic world and bordering regions including India
- Concentrating to the manifold intercontinental context of shared history that had influenced shaping of the History of Asia in general
- Understand the ways in which the field of Islamic History draws upon and contributes to other academic disciplines
- Develop arguments; reassess and revise conventional scholarly methods and re-evaluate the popular understandings of the Islamic World
- Continually enquiring and adapting the methodological practices of knowledge production in this particular area of studies
- Conduct advanced research, including fieldwork, and master the use of primary and secondary sources, library resources and appropriate new know-hows
- Demonstrate expertise and approach to Islamic History resulting in the production of new knowledge
- Compete effectively for places at elite doctoral programs in India and around the world in Middle Eastern Studies, Islamic Studies, Anthropology, History, Islamic Literature, and Comparative Literature, and with additional coursework in the social sciences, in Sociology or Political Science.
- To acquaint a student with conventional as well as contemporary areas in the discipline of Commerce.
- To enable a student well versed in national as well as international trends.
- To enable the students for conducting business, accounting and auditing practices, role of regulatory bodies in corporate and financial sectors nature of various financial instruments.
- Master broad areas of knowledge pertaining to the fundamentals in the basic disciplines of Physics which include Classical Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Quantum mechanics, Statistical Physics etc.
- An understanding of basic and advanced electronics and master its application in the designing of sophisticated circuits.
- Mastering basic experimental techniques and development of modern instrumentation skills to probe physical systems.
- To develop analytical , computational and laboratory skills.
- Different electives provide an exposure to specialized topics based on the knowledge gained in the core courses to understand advanced topics in modern physics and to facilitate for a glimpse of a possible research career.
- Empower students to analyse, develop and construct projects to apply and extend their knowledge gained in theoretical , experimental and computational courses.
- To acquire the linguistic skills of Arabic language.
- To appreciate different genres of Arabic language & Literature by giving critical awareness on the same.
- To practice job oriented skills of translation and interpretation
- To review the functional knowledge in the field of informatics by imparting digital knowledge resources in Arabic
- To introduce the field of Arabic media and journalism by practicing journalistic terminologies
- The learners are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Critically evaluate and apply the theories and techniques of economics.
- Demonstrate subject-specific ‘thinking’ skills that are readily transferable to problem solving and decision making in a wider context.
- Enhance their lifelong learning, employing a range of practical and professional skills.
- Find, evaluate, synthesize and use information from a variety of sources
- Articulate an awareness of the social and community contexts within their disciplinary field
- Inculcating curiosity about past
- Imparting intellectual skills to make sense of the past
- Developing critical faculty of the students
- Developing an understanding of the presentness of the past
BA Islamic History
- Understand the basic skills for historical writing.
- Understand the essential teachings of Islam and Islamic tradition with an historical perspective.
- Students gain a broad understanding and appreciation of world religions and values of diversity.
- Understand the economic and political strategies of Arab world which determine the social life of Asian countries.
- സാഹിത്യസൃഷ്ടികളെ വിശകലനം ചെയ്യുന്നതിനും വിലയിരുത്തുന്നതിനുമുള്ള ശേഷി കൈവരിക്കുന്നു.
- സ്വതന്ത്രവും വിമർശനാത്മകവുമായ ചിന്ത വികസിക്കുന്നു.
- സർഗ്ഗാത്മകരചനകളിൽ ഏർപ്പെടുന്നതിനുള്ള നൈപുണി നേടുന്നു.
- ഇംഗ്ലീഷിൽ നിന്നും മലയാളത്തിലേക്ക് വിവർത്തനം ചെയ്യുന്നതിനുള്ള പ്രാപ്തി നേടുന്നു.
- ഭാഷാ വിവേചനത്തിനെതിരെ ക്രിയാത്മകമായി ഇടപെടാൻ സാധിക്കുന്നു.
- പിതൃകേന്ദ്രീകൃത ആണധികാര സ്ഥാപിത മൂല്യങ്ങളിലെ വിവേചനം തിരിച്ചറിയുന്നതിനും അവയെ പുനർനിർണയിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള പ്രവർത്തനങ്ങളിൽ ക്രിയാത്മകമായി ഏർപ്പെടാൻ സാധിക്കുന്നു.
- സാഹിത്യ സാംസ്ക്കാരിക ഉന്നമനത്തിനും സാമൂഹികനീതിക്കും വേണ്ടിയുള്ള വിവിധ കൂട്ടായ്കൾ സൃഷ്ടിക്കാനും അവയ്ക്ക് നേതൃപരമായ പങ്ക് വഹിക്കാനും സാധിക്കുന്നു.
- മാധ്യമ രംഗത്ത് പ്രവർത്തിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള താല്പര്യവും ശേഷിയും ഉണ്ടാക്കുന്നു.
- മാതൃഭാഷയെ നവമാധ്യമങ്ങളിൽ ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്നതിനും അതുവഴി ഭാഷയെ കാലാനുസൃതമായി നവീകരിക്കുന്നതിനുമുള്ള പ്രാവീണ്യം നേടുന്നു.
- മാതൃഭാഷയെക്കുറിച്ച് അഭിമാനം കൊള്ളുന്നതിനും അതിനുവേണ്ടി നിലകൊള്ളുന്നതിനുമുള്ള ആർജ്ജവമുണ്ടാക്കുന്നു.
- To promote and cultivate self study ability in students.
- To improve the skill of correct speaking and writing in urdu language.
- To enable the students to know and understand the origin,development,social and cultural importance of urdu language and literature.
- To familiarise of students about the fields of Journalism,Translation,D.T.P and make them.conversant about the techniques/language skill in it,so that they can choose it as their career.
- To understand basic facts and concepts in chemistry.
- To apply the principles of chemistry.
- To appreciate the achievements in chemistry and to know the role of chemistry in nature and in society.
- To familiarize with the emerging areas of chemistry and their applications in various spheres of chemical sciences and to apprise the students of its relevance in future studies.
- To develop skills in the proper handling of instruments and chemicals.
- To familiarize with the different processes used in industries and their applications.
- To develop an eco-friendly attitude by creating a sense of environmental awareness.
- To be conversant with the applications of chemistry in day-to-day life.
- Understand the basic concepts of methodology of science and the fundamentals of mechanics, properties of matter and electrodynamics
- Understand the theoretical basis of quantum mechanics, relativistic physics, nuclear physics, optics, spectroscopy, solid state physics, astrophysics, statistical physics, photonics and thermodynamics
- Understand and apply the concepts of electronics in the designing of different analog and digital circuits
- Understand the basics of computer programming and numerical analysis
- Apply and verify theoretical concepts through laboratory experiments